Saturday, July 9, 2011

Time passes by

Vincent with sparklers
Been a while since my last post, and by awhile I mean like a week or so. Sorry for the time lapse folks, life has gotten rather busy for me. There was the fourth of july which is more of a weekend event, and once that was said and done, I had orientation and school stuff to take care of before monday. YAY monday!! That's when my classes will be starting!

But now to the nitty gritty.

Fireworks! Izzy took this picture.
Writing a blog like this requires a few things. First, a good main topic. My main topic is just my everyday pagan life. Things I found useful, articles I stumbled across that I felt like sharing, recipes and spells I think would come in handy. I also throw some posts about my family and LGBT issues in there too, as these are important things to me. My blog has variety, a wide range of topics, without being completely scattered, at least I like to think so!

I took this. It looks like a dragon.
Second, it needs flavor. I'm talking humor and fun. I dunno about you guys but I can't stand reading something that is just: here are the facts. done. I want to make my readers smile, maybe even chuckle a little. We pagans tend to have interesting lives, why not bring out that color in what I write?

Finally, it needs readers. While I have gathered quite a few readers in just a short amount of time, I like to have some interaction and hope to gain more readers. So don't forget that this blog has a page on facebook! The more likes the page gets, the more I can do with the blog. I want to start doing giveaways and contests. I'd like to have discussions about topics my readers find interesting. I'm also going to start doing tarot readings for anyone that asks, of course this might not last long because as the numbers rise, I wont be able to do readings as much. and yes the readings will be free! I need the practice and don't see a reason for charging money.
Izzy did this one too :)
So just reminder, share this with friends and family, plaster the link on walls!

Also, another reminder, My classes are monday-thursday in the afternoons. I won't be able to write as much, but I'm gonna try and keep up with this. If I don't get to post a blog, I'll at least try and post some links on the fb page so you'll have something to read til I can post again! Hope everyone enjoyed their fourth of july, and my firework pictures!

~Lynx

1 comment: