Thursday, May 19, 2011

Books of shadows

Confessions of a pagan soccer mom recently did a post showing off her various BOSs. I like the idea and so here mine are.
The white one is my basic everything book. Moon phases, numerology, correspondence charts, etc. Some hand written, some printed out and pasted in. Some people think its less personal than hand writing everything, but i say its still more personal than storing your bos online ;)
The green one is being filled with herb uses, recipes, and pressed flowers lol. Great when someone is sick or if i want a good cup of tea.
The black one on the right is just a small journal that will have things for my children to use. Simple spells, basic info, it even has a nice little dedication to them on the first page. Nothing fancy, this book is just for getting them started when they are older.
finally we have the big black one on the left with the sparkly blue pentacle. I have named it my goddess grimoire and intend to put my rituals and spells i have worked, a journal, and any group work i may do in the future. Why do i call it my goddess grimoire? well it is basically still a book of shadows but when i write a journal entry, rather than saying "dear diary" i address a goddess. i decorated the front and am not quite done with it. i plan to put some meaningful words above the pentacle. though i have not found those words yet. or perhaps i'll put some symbols? It will come to me eventually.
perhaps in another entry i may give a peek into them but for now this will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment