Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gods and Kids

The other day it started raining and my son, vincent, frantically said ''mommy our chalk drawings!'' the first thing that came to mind to say was
''its ok honey, the gods just wanted to give you a clean slate so we could draw more pictures''
but i stopped. I thought to myself, should i say this? Then i wondered, why did i have to think about it? Im not ashamed of my religion, im not spoon feeding them my beliefs, im being honest and open and educating them about all beliefs.
Now i think perhaps it was still that knee-jerk reaction im sure many pagans have when it comes to talking about their beliefs. We tend to be cautious. But i want my children to know what i believe. If they have any questions, i want them to know they can come to me and get an answer and not a sermon or an avoided topic.
I said it. We went outside and drew with chalk again yesterday. The world didn't end, my son didn't question existence, we had fun. And the next time it rains, mommy will be better prepared ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment