Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Late night walks

These past few days have been particularly rough on me. So after having a bad day, and Ember screaming for an hour in a defiant strike against sleeping, I had enough. I got dressed, threw on my favorite blue leopard print flip flops and went for a walk outside. Isabell came with me since it was so late at night, and her parents agreed to keep an eye on the kids in case they woke up. Yes, we are all night owls here!
We walked up to the park and I sat on the swings for awhile. The stars were absolutely beautiful. Everytime I look at the night sky I think of the goddess Nut looking down on all of us. Sometimes just staring at stars helps me to clear my mind. We even put glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling above our bed. Its so relaxing. Whatever problems of the day can be solved with a clear mind under the stars and a little fresh air.
Life is pretty tough right now, but I'm a tough cookie, I'll make it through. Gotta keep a positive mindset! How do you clear your mind after a rough day?

No comments:

Post a Comment