Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Tali'Zorah

Tali'Zorah, making herself comfy on my lap
This is Tali'Zorah, my rescued best friend. I believe she is a Himalayan, and her ears are not laid back, they are folded or "crunched" as I used to call them. Her eyes are a beautiful blue, and her fur reminds me of cuppacino and dark chocolate. She is quite a big cat and when the children pick her up her paws almost drag the floor.

Tali came to us when a woman found her on the street. Her fur was matted, she was skin and bones, she had no claws front or back, and she was scared. The woman couldn't keep her and posted on facebook. A friend of mine shared the link and I fell in love. I showed Izzy and said "I want this cat." Izzy argued with me for a bit, as we weren't allowed to have cats. I argued that we were moving anyway. She caved and the next morning went to get our newest family member. Well, if she hadn't been fully sold on the idea of getting a cat, Tali swayed her opinion quickly. She purred like a jack hammer when Izzy picked her up!

Don't mind the toy tornado in the background :)
We spent almost a week trying to name her, I just couldn't find anything that suited her. Then my sister jokingly suggested a video game character's name. I thought it was perfect for her. Now, she is a happy, healthy, well loved kitty. She occasionally sneaks outside if someone leaves the door open, but that night she always comes to my window and meows to come back in. She's a cuddley ball of fur and sleeps with us at night. During the day she enjoys hiding, and only comes out when shes hungry, wanting attention, or feeling frisky. The kids still need to be reminded sometimes that we have to be nice to our furry family and that pulling her tail is not nice. Amazingly, Tali tolerates their antics and no matter what torture they put her through, she will still curl up next to them for their naps. She loves to talk, and will carry on conversations. She has also become quite spoiled, getting all sorts of treats and tuna dishes more than occasionally.

This kitty is the perfect fit for our family, and I think she feels the same way. We're lucky to have her.
Do you have any special furry friends?

~Lynx

2 comments:

  1. I have my three cats, one of ours was abused by my own family member, but I took her in when she went to jail (allot of other stuff she did) and now she is calm and happy, she doesn't growl anymore and is learning to like people! I also have 2 other cats! This is a wonderful story! I always enjoy hearing about rescue animals, it's great to see people in the world who actually care about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a pet all my life, but for a few years there was a gap of no pets. I felt like my heart was missing a piece lol. Tali definitely filled that spot. Just the other day I saw some shelter cats and izzy had to drag me away from the window. I wanted to bring them all home!

    ReplyDelete