Thursday, June 2, 2011

Willpower

Today, while I was taking a shower and doing a little cleansing ritual, I realized that my wife and I have not had a cigarette in a week. This was one of my goals I had set in an attempt to live a healthier life. When I found out I was pregnant with Ember, I quit. Sadly, I picked up the bad habit again as my wife has had a much harder time quitting. Kind of like an alcoholic in a liquor store, sometimes the temptation is just too strong. Finally though, my wife and I decided enough excuses, it's time to quit. So we smoked our last cigarette and agreed not to buy another pack. Its amazing what a person can accomplish with willpower. We haven't used any patches or pills, we did it "cold turkey". Hopefully, this is the end and neither of us lights up again!

The reason why I bring this up is because, in witchcraft, willpower comes into play a lot. When you do a spell, you are basically willing something to happen. You focus energy, you direct it, you wish, you concentrate, you will it. Sometimes, we find ourselves turning to magick to help us solve our problems before we have done all we can. You want a job? then look for one, use your willpower and get up, get out, apply anywhere and everywhere. Don't turn to a job spell, asking the gods to bless you with the perfect job, when you won't help yourself. You want to be healthier? Don't get out your candles just yet! Sit down, and make a list of things you can do to become healthier. Losing weight, quitting smoking, eating better, exercising, going to a doctor and getting a check up. What do YOU need to do before you turn to magick? Decide, and then do it. Tell yourself that nothing will stop you from achieving this goal, and if you gain a pound instead of losing, or a job place doesn't call back, don't give up! Try again.

If you think you really need to turn to magick, then take all that willpower and direct it into your spell. You are strong, and you can do anything you put your mind too. I know this post is probably sounding a little more like a motivational poster, but it is true. I see so many people say "I can't" and really they are just destroying themselves. They aren't giving themselves a chance. If you start doubting yourself, its like planting a weed in a beautiful garden. Its going to over take the garden and soon you aren't just thinking you can't do it, you aren't doing it.

Sorry I got a bit preachy. Guess I put a bit too much willpower in there. Ha ha, get it? alright, alright I'll stop torturing you. Hope you enjoyed the post.

~Lynx

No comments:

Post a Comment