Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rainbow cakes

I love cake, and I love color, so bringing the two together is only logical! I decided to make rainbow cake in a jar (My inspiration) and rainbow cupcakes. Last night I had quite the adventure trying to get the recipe right.

Doesn't it look yummy?
So after looking at the picture, I'm assuming you want to make these. Here's what you'll need:
1 box of white cake mix
the ingredients the cake box tells you
different colors food coloring
Cake pan or cupcake tray (with cupcake papers)

Betty Crocker white moist cake mix
Mix all the ingredients on the cake box. Just follow the instructions.

mix mix mix

Its a rainbow of fun!
Once the batter is all mixed, pour it into individual cups and add the desired food coloring. 

is that slime? haha

Color by color, pour in a little batter. Do this slowly so it doesn't just all mix together.


This was the beginning of the cake in a jar. Little did I know what was to come...
into the oven you go!
Now pop everything into the oven, again, follow the instructions on the cake box. Just keep a close eye on it in case of ...
Rainbow Lava
THIS! Yes, I poured in too much batter. Though I must say this rainbow lava was pretty neat


As you can see, it got a little bit crispy, but it was a fun learning experience. And the cupcakes?
They turned out perfect!
mini cake for the kids with left over batter

I wasn't able to get the frosting on them fast enough before everyone was snagging them. I made the frosting too. Butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. I played it by eye though so I don't have an exact recipe to give. I'm sure you could find one or just buy some from the store.

I hope you'll enjoy these, I know we did. Here are a few more pictures from my rainbow adventure.
Vincent wanted to lick the bowl! MMM

The frosting. I don't think I did it quite right, but it tasted great

Cut off the top of the jar cake, and the lava flow.

I see you!

Curiosity made me take the cake out, this is what it looked like

add sprinkles and you have the ultimate rainbow treat

1 comment:

  1. Cake baking is a wonderful hobby and joyfulness. It will definitely make the mind pleasure and stress-free.
    Baking Classes in Chennai
    Baking Courses in Chennai

    ReplyDelete